- National Creative Residency 2022 – Closed
National Creative Residency 2022 – Closed
Apply for Capital E’s National Creative Residency 2022
Aotearoa-based Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) makers and aspiring makers are invited to apply for the 2022 National Creative Residency, a dynamic professional development programme and ideas lab for 15 selected practitioners. This intensive creative process supports the development of new work from seed ideas through to the first draft.
The Residency helps makers and aspiring makers:
- Be inspired by esteemed national and international guest speakers
- Take part in dynamic workshops, forums and discussions
- Build enduring networks with professional artists from across the performing arts sector
- Refine and inspire new ideas for a TYA project
What the Residency focuses on
The Residency will focus on:
- Mentorship, training and best practice
- Developing innovative and creative theatre for young audiences
- Building new collaborations, projects and working relationships
- Putting tamariki at the forefront of the creative process
Where: Silverstream Retreat
When: Evening of Thursday 22 September – afternoon of Sunday 25 September 2022
Accommodation and food are covered for the 15 selected practitioners, and applicants can apply for a travel stipend.
The venue is wheelchair accessible.
How to apply
To apply, please submit:
- A pitch for a conceptual idea for young audiences – this can be a seed of a concept or a script that is fully-fledged. The work cannot have been previously produced or presented.
- Resume of yourself and your work including the email and contact phone number of one industry reference; and
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you want to be involved and what you hope to gain.
OR, you can upload a video speaking to the information requested above.
Any questions, please email the Associate Producer Nina Hogg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm Monday 1 August 2022
This professional development programme and ideas lab is funded through Creative New Zealand and Wellington City Council.
To apply you must:
- Be 18 years old+
- Be a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident based in New Zealand
- Be available for the full National Creative Residency 2022 dates
- Not have participated in the Creative Collider Residency 2021 (those who did are not eligible to apply).