- $7.50 per student for Wellington Schools OR $10.00 for schools outside of Wellington
- Teachers and accompanying adults are admitted free
- We have a minimum session charge of $150.00 for all school group sessions
- Minimum number 10, maximum number is 32 for OnTV
- Session prices are $20 per participant for Community Group bookings
- Your school will be invoiced after your visit unless otherwise requested
- Cancellations made within 15 working days before your visit will incur a cancellation fee of $80.00. Cancellations made within 5 working days will incur a cancellation fee of $150.00. Cancellations must be made in writing and received by email
- Please note that payment cannot be accepted on the day. An invoice will be emailed to your school after your visit
Note: The Ministry of Education funding subsidises our prices for school groups. Prices vary for non-school groups. If you are a non-school group and you wish to make a booking, please email [email protected] with your enquiry.
This programme will see your students working collaboratively toward a collective outcome, and engaging in the following:
Making Meaning from Multimedia Digital Production
Listening, Reading, Viewing
Creating Meaning from Multimedia Digital Production
Speaking, Writing, Presenting
Designing and Developing Digital Outcomes
Developing Practical Knowledge
Communicating and Interpreting
Understanding in Context
Participating and Contributing
Symbols and Texts
OnTV school shows with permission to be uploaded to the internet will be retained on the YouTube/CapitalENZ channel for the duration of the current year and the following year.
All recorded shows will be available for download from our website capitale.org.nz/digital downloads for the duration of the current year and the following year. All recorded OnTV shows and work created in the MediaLab will be archived at Capital E for a period of five years.
What to expect from the space:
- Backpacks, hats, food, drink bottles and cell phones cannot be brought into OnTV or MediaLab studios. Storage bins are available, but space is limited.
- Food and water cannot be consumed in the main OnTV studio or MediaLab.
- Due to limited space, we can only accommodate your group during the scheduled session time.
- For breaks and lunch, we recommend you use the space under the sails on Queens Wharf, or nearby in Frank Kitts Park. During an OnTV session students are to bring their own personal water bottles and food is to be eaten outside of the premises.
- 360-degree views of OnTV can be viewed below. Other accessibility information can be found here. Please contact our bookings coordinator if you have any questions regarding OnTV access.
What is expected of students and accompanying adults:
- Our OnTV Coordinators are experienced professionals, following their instructions and guidelines will make for an enjoyable learning experience for the whole class.
- The booking teacher/school representative agrees to bring enough adults to fulfil their own school’s adult to child ratio policy and safely supervise their students during the visit according to our RAMs requirement. We suggest a ratio of 1 adult for every 8 students.
- Each student is responsible for their own learning experience.
- There may be the opportunity for students to share their work with the class. Students are expected to respect other ideas and creative thinking.
- We ask that all students treat the technical equipment and furniture with care, e.g. shoes must be kept off the furniture and no bouncing on the chairs.
- Children and students should be supervised at all times. Each group is assigned only one Studio Coordinator, so accompanying adults providing assistance or direction will make for a richer, more fulfilling experience.
- If students are disruptive in MediaLab or OnTV, accompanying adults may be asked to take them outside the teaching area until ready to return.
- Late arrival will result in a reduced programme. We advise all groups to arrive and wait under the sails outside of Capital E with one representative to check into PlayHQ reception at least five minutes before their start time. Please allow time to find parking or walk from your bus drop-off. If you are running late, please contact Capital E on 04 913 3740.
- We expect students to listen to instructions and treat differing ideas with respect. On the rare occasion of serious or unsafe behaviour, a teacher or guardian may be requested to remove disruptive students.
- For safety information, please make yourself familiar with our MediaLab RAMS, OnTV RAMS, and Tsunami Evacuation Map.
- Please note that during Covid-19 Protection Framework, there may be changes to your bookings. We are following Government guidelines closely to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff. Changes will be made to sessions as necessary and you will be informed of any new requirements prior to your visit.
16 Replies to “Wake Up NZ!”
i liked being able to perform it felt like i was really on tv it was a really fun experience and a great opertunity
I found this really entertaining but also I got very nervous I think that I would love to come back again. I think that if all the activities are as good as wake up New Zealand then I love this place.
I found wake up new zealand really fun and Exciting because I havent done enything like this before and I felt a little bit nervous as well.But otherwise I loved it.
Being the camera operator and floor manager was lots of work but i felt like i smashed it
It was really exciting. This is a great way to get kids involved in the filming business.
Hello, I was the Sound operator and Sound designer For one of the ONTV productions.
I found the experience… … …Interesting… I would really love to come back here again.
hello Im the vision mixer my job was hard but fun i had a fun time and every one had a good time too i made mistakes alot but yeah it was just fun all together thanks for a fun time
Capital E was so so so FUN! If you want to work in the film industry, than this would be great experience.
It is a great experience lots of fun great time while doing it.
IT WAS SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was the floor manager and I really enjoyed being the floor manager.
I found this mainly exciting and nerveracking and I would like to come back.
It was a really awesome experience to be able to work in a real tv studio! I hope to come again.
I’m back it was really fun i had a really fun time clicking random buttons and i think everyone had a fun time yob… BYE…….bye hope we come back next turm …….. BYE
Capital E was so fun I wish we could do it regularly. I was Location Manager it was amazing and i had like the best director.
it was really fun thank you for having us i hade a really day agian thank you u for having st marys school whanganui
It was super fun , and challenging, but the teacher was super helpful. It was great teamwork and it was fun working together. I would love too come back soon.