Please note, Shu’s Song will go ahead as scheduled today in Nelson.
We invite you to step inside the imaginary world of our engaging character; Shu, and watch the ordinary world become extraordinary.
This live show will delight and inspire young people as Shu discovers the secret life of everyday objects in a home office. Shu’s imagination brings these objects to life in this charming and inventive story about exploring our environments and building relationships.
Sound and music are key elements of the show, using tone, volume, and composition to demonstrate emotion, communication and purpose. In fact, sound, movement, puppetry and light replace speech, creating a non-verbal visual theatre experience that provides each audience member with opportunity to connect and understand the story through their individual perspective.
Shu’s Song reflects a young person’s world of discovery and imagination. It tells a story we will all recognise – a path to understanding our complex world and the challenges faced along the way.
The show provides a great opportunity for children to explore and discover drama and sound, to understand the concepts of what can be achieved when working together as a group, and to respond to live theatre – another experience that may be new in their lives.
Created by Laura Gaudin, Rachel Callinan & Gina Moss
Two shows per day, 9.30am & 11am
- Palmerston North // Regent on Broadway // 5 May
- Napier // Municipal Theatre // 11 & 12 May
- Hamilton // Clarence Street Theatre // 17 & 18 May
- Tauranga // Baycourt Community & Arts Centre // 20 May
- Kerikeri // The Turner Centre // 27 May
- Whangarei // Forum North // 1-3 June
- Manukau // Vodafone Events Centre 7 & 8 June:
To book for Manukau performances, please contact the Vodafone Events Centre directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or www.pacific.org.nz
- North Shore // The Pumphouse // 13-16 June
- Gisborne // War Memorial Theatre // 20 June
- New Plymouth // TSB Showplace Theatre Royal // 23 June
- Carterton // Events Centre // 28 June
- Taupo // Great Lake Centre // 1 July
- Wellington // Hannah Playhouse // 12-21 October
- Invercargill // Civic Theatre // 27 October
- Christchurch // Isaac Theatre Royal // 31 October – 1 November
- Timaru // Theatre Royal // 4 November
- Dunedin // Kings & Queens Performing Arts Centre // 8 November
- Nelson // Theatre Royal // 14 & 15 November
- Cost – $9 per person. One adult free with every 10 paying students
- Duration – 45 minutes
- Questions? – Contact email@example.com