Huge Halloween Wrap-Up
A huge Halloween thank you to all who joined us on Queens Wharf for an evening of surprise, music, performance and fun. This was another favourite addition to the Wellington events calendar with over 4,100 attendees gathered for family magic.
In true Wellington style, The Big Halloween has been adopted by its residents young and old as a platform for their imagination; designing and developing costumes and characters which they can bring into the otherworldly environments created and populated by the teams at Capital E and Wellington Museum.
A message from the Capital E Director
It is a privilege and a joy for us to be part of this large-scale, immersive experience. All we do is to produce the welcoming, inclusive atmosphere then it’s our visitors who bring the characters and content that make this event such a celebration of Capital creativity.
A personal highlight of the evening was the amazing team from Daizy Design face painting not batting an eyelid to hear a young girl asking to be transformed into a zombie butterfly, then watching her dance off into the queue for the Vampire Ball with a unique choreography which perfectly embodied this new-found identity. Brilliant.
And a huge congratulations and thanks to YOU. Your costumes and enthusiasm was what made the evening such a huge success!
A big thanks to our awesome supporters and friends
- Duo Photography – Capturing moments of delight, fright and sheer terror throughout the evening
- Whittakers, Chupa Chups and Mentos- Providing tasty treats for the entrancing Trick or Treat Booth
- Wellington City Council and Wellington Museums Trust- Enabling us to present this spectacular event to Wellingtonians
- Balkanistas- Providing sweet sounds for us to boogie along to
- Pump Dance Studios- Giving us hot dancing tips to test out on the dance floor
- Wellington Museum- Creating a spooky tour and disco dance party with Wellington’s scariest vampires
- Resene Paint- Adding colour to our inspiring glowing zones
- Coffee & food stalls- Keeping us well nourished with tasty goodness
- PlayShop Performance Company- Breathing quirk, silliness and fun into the performances on the day
The fun isn’t over. Capital E’s Walk-In Wonderland is still open for viewing. Drop-in to check it out from Monday 2 November – Thursday 12 November.