- $7.50 per student for Wellington Schools OR $10.00 for schools outside of Wellington
- Teachers and accompanying adults are admitted free
- We have a minimum session charge of $150.00 for all school group sessions
- MediaLab can host a maximum of 32 students
- Your school will be invoiced after your visit unless otherwise requested
- Cancellations made within 15 working days before your visit will incur a cancellation fee of $80.00. Cancellations made within 5 working days will incur a cancellation fee of $150.00. Cancellations must be made in writing and received by email
Note: The Ministry of Education funding subsidises our prices for school groups. Prices vary for non-school groups. If you are a non-school group and you wish to make a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
This programme will see your students working collaboratively toward a collective outcome, and engaging the following:
Making Meaning from Multimedia Digital Production
Listening, Reading, Viewing
Creating Meaning from Multimedia Digital Production
Speaking, Writing, Presenting
Designing and Developing Digital Outcomes
Developing Practical Knowledge
Communicating and Interpreting
Understanding in Context
Participating and Contributing
Symbols and Texts
OnTV school shows with permission to be uploaded to the internet will be retained on the YouTube/CapitalENZ channel for the duration of the current year and the following year.
All recorded shows will be available for download from our website capitale.org.nz/digital downloads for the duration of the current year and the following year. All recorded OnTV shows and work created in the MediaLab will be archived at Capital E for a period of five years.
What to expect from the space:
- Backpacks, hats, food, drink bottles and cell phones cannot be brought into OnTV or MediaLab studios. Storage bins are available, but space is limited.
- Food and water cannot be consumed in the main OnTV studio or MediaLab.
- Due to limited space, we can only accommodate your group during the scheduled session time.
- For breaks and lunch, we recommend you use the space under the sails on Queens Wharf, or nearby in Frank Kitts Park. During an OnTV session food may be consumed in the front room only.
- All social media sites are blocked on the MediaLab computers.
- 360-degree views of MediaLab can be viewed below. Other accessibility information can be found here. Please contact our bookings coordinator if you have any questions regarding MediaLab access.
What is expected of students and accompanying adults:
- Our MediaLab Coordinators are experienced professionals, following their instructions and guidelines will make for an enjoyable learning experience for the whole class.
- The booking teacher/school representative agrees to bring enough adults to fulfil their own school’s adult to child ratio policy and safely supervise their students during the visit according to our RAMs requirement. We suggest a ratio of 1 adult for every 8 students.
- In MediaLab, students work independently (or in pairs). Each student is responsible for their own learning experience.
- There may be the opportunity for students to share their work with the class. Students are expected to respect other ideas and creative thinking.
- We ask that all students treat the technical equipment and furniture with care, e.g. shoes must be kept off the furniture and no bouncing on the chairs.
- Children and students should be supervised at all times. Each group is assigned only one Studio Coordinator, so accompanying adults providing assistance or direction will make for a richer, more fulfilling experience.
- If students are disruptive in MediaLab or OnTV, accompanying adults may be asked to take them outside the teaching area until ready to return.
- Late arrival will result in a reduced programme. We advise all groups to arrive at Capital E’s PlayHQ reception at least five minutes before their start time. Please allow time to find parking or walk from your bus drop-off. If you are running late, please contact Capital E on 04 913 3740.
- We expect students to listen to instructions and treat differing ideas with respect. On the rare occasion of serious or unsafe behaviour, a teacher or guardian may be requested to remove disruptive students.